Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Introduction to ICU

My next TMH week I had an introduction to the Intensive Care Unit. I shadowed my preceptor in the ICU's. He showed me where to find the pertinent information in the medical chart, then he had me chart on a few patients.

I shadowed the RD who works with the cardiac ICU for the next couple days and she helped me to learn  what is important to look for and notice in the ICU. I felt more confident in writing my ICU patient notes after she helped me.

For my case study I chose a patient for my case study. I chose a patient who had multiple small bowel resections. I will check how they are when I get back from the holiday break. However, due to the multiple breaks during my rotation, I will not be able to follow this patient myself the whole time and will have to present some follow ups done by the RD's.

No comments:

Post a Comment